Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Pregnancy: Question, Lie, Truth.

Question: “How are you feeling?”

Lie: “Oh, you know. Fine.”

Truth: “Pregnant. I feel effing pregnant. Do you really want to know? I can’t sit. I can’t stand. Everything hurts. I’m 38 weeks and at this point with A I still had FOUR MORE WEEKS OF PREGNANT. I don’t know if I can take that. I can’t get on the ground to play with A. My temper is short. I’ve officially entered into the angry pregnant woman stage. I can’t shave my legs. I can’t go to the bathroom like a normal person.

Oh, hey where do you think you’re going? YOU ASKED REMEMBER?

The baby is posterior so every time he moves it is like someone is punching me in the stomach. Did I mention he never stops moving? My back is decimated. I can barely get out of bed in the morning. I just spent a huge chunk of change having the house cleaned and the carpets done b/c I can’t seem to do anything myself. Nothing is packed for the hospital. My morning sickness is back. Our insurance changed and went up so I don’t think we will be able to afford those awesome newborn photos I wanted. I had a mini breakdown today and A saw me cry and now he’s walking around saying, “Mama sad. Mama cry.”

So innocent question asker. Is that enough for you? Or shall I go on?

http___signatures.mylivesignature.com_54492_56_EF6D20EB8704F6DF0BEAC7331052F500 (2)

5 comments:

  1. Hugs to you!! Saying "I know how you feel" would be a lie, because I was lucky enough to gfeel pretty good up until B-day, apart from the hip and back pain with Violet. I hope that your little guy comes soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I remember those days. In particular, I remember sitting on my closet floor crying one morning just trying to get dressed for my one trip out of the house that week. I was just so huge (with twins) and awkward and exhausted and couldn't even think about one more day yet alone another week. Sorry, that is probably not helpful. Just meaning to say you are allowed to vent. It is a miserable/wonderful time. Sending you good vibes and hoping your little one comes soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These were pretty much my thoughts in the last month of each of my pregnancy. I tried to make the best of it but honestly it just sucks and no matter what people say to you it's annoying. Since you can't have wine, I recommend large amounts of chocolate :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I never got very far in my pregnancies (don't shoot!) 36 weeks with my son, and 29 weeks with my girls, but I do remember feeling uncomfortable, so I can't imagine going 38 or 42 weeks! Wowzers! I can just imagine someone quietly walking away if you answered like that! Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh man do I remember the angry pregnant lady stage... but mine lasted the entire pregnancy. People thought I was a crazy person because I was very honest about how I was feeling. You're pregnant so everything is supposed to be rainbows and unicorns and glitter, right?

    You'll get through it -- you kind of have to.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments? Who doesn't?? If you are a no-reply blogger, I will answer your comment in the thread. If not, look for my email! Have a great day.