Tuesday, March 25, 2014

I want to hear the words.

B and I have been together for a long time. I mean A. Long. Time. So I’ve heard the words “I love you” more than I can count.

Rather, I want to hear the words every wife/mother wants to hear from their husbands: “Your job is harder than mine.”

It might not be pc, but yes, I think that my job staying home is harder than my husbands.

Can we all agree that somewhere, deep down inside, us moms have thought, “this job is so much harder than his.” Whether you stay at home or work. Doesn’t matter. I’ll admit it, I do rather frequently. B works very hard for this family. He is an excellent provider. Great at his job. He puts in long days at the office to come home and play with A and put him to sleep. I am also very fortunate to be able to work my dream job: staying home with my kids. And B’s hard work makes that possible.

But after all that, I still think I have it harder than he does. I won’t go into all the gory details because odds are you all are familiar with the concept of always being on duty, the cleaning up poop and vomit, never getting a sick day or day off. Maybe husbands don’t realize how bad we have it b/c we ARE the ones dealing with most of the bad stuff. Maybe I’m not being fair to B b/c he has never taken care of A more than a couple hours at a time let alone a whole week by himself. Maybe if I left for a week he’d have a better understanding of what I do?

Am I a bad person b/c I want all the recognition and glory of it? I don’t think he has to come groveling at my feet for it, but yeah, hearing the words, “your job is harder than mine” or “I don’t know how you do it” would go a long way. People who work get job satisfaction through raises, bonuses, time off. What do we get? Yelled at b/c you took your son’s shoes off in the house when he was CLEARLY not ready. Ensue meltdown. Le sigh.

It is probably b/c we are coming off the back end of one of B’s week long road trips. Yes, I, very pregnant Steph have been left alone to tend to house, home, and a wily 2 year old. We’ve had a good week for the most part. But by the end of the day my big pregnancy induced booty is dragging.

What are you thoughts? Do you think you have it harder as a mom?

http___signatures.mylivesignature.com_54492_56_EF6D20EB8704F6DF0BEAC7331052F500 (2)

<disclaimer for B> now that I’ve put this on the internet I’m not sure the words will mean anything anymore. You may make it up to me in material possessions.

2 comments:

  1. You are definitely not alone. I often feel like I am the one doing 99% of the work and I even work full time- I can't imagine how I'd feel if I was a SAHM. I do think guys have it easier though. Maybe because we are women, we have this internal need to mother our children and just take on most of the work? I'm not sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do admit, some Sundays I'm glad that I can get to work on Monday, so yes, your job is probably harder than his, because you live on the job. Even though I'm 100% while I'm home, and even during work think about them, run errands, shop for their clothes, etc. during my lunch break, I do have my escape.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments? Who doesn't?? If you are a no-reply blogger, I will answer your comment in the thread. If not, look for my email! Have a great day.