Monday, March 10, 2014

Hulk mama?

I’ve been sitting here for at least an hour watching A do gymnastics in his crib while he should be napping. And I’m straight up legit pissed. I’m pissed he was up at 4:45am this morning AND SHOULD BE FREAKING TIRED FOR GOD’S SAKE! I’m angry that he won’t just lay down to go to sleep. I’m mad that my only time this afternoon I’ve squandered doing for other people instead of myself. Oh and did I mention that I’m tired? So tired.

PV000216

When is it ok to be mad at your baby? Is it ok to ever be mad at your baby? Never has my anger crossed over into physical violence. B and I aren’t opposed to an occasional spanking in the future, but not right now. But I have raised my voice. I have swore. I have even thrown tantrums of my own while out of A’s sight. Being a mom sometimes makes me want to stomp my feet and just scream sometimes.

PV000211

I feel like there is this pressure for moms to be perfect all the time. To never lose it.

Am I the only one that loses it sometimes?

http___signatures.mylivesignature.com_54492_56_EF6D20EB8704F6DF0BEAC7331052F500 (2)

5 comments:

  1. I lose it on almost a daily basis. Staying home with a toddler is no joke! I hate that some days I wish he would grow up a little. I don't want him to but then I need a break sometimes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is totally ok to be mad at your baby. Oh, I cannot tell you how mad - or probably more desparate - I've been at little Violet, waking up 5 to 6 times a night. She could nap during the day, I had to work 40 hours a week!! We're not spanking or anything, but I agree that it is sometimes very hard to contain myself. In a really bad case, we usually put the girls in their rooms and wait until everyone has calmed down.

    Have a great week, Steph! I hope you get some rest!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely not the only one who loses it. Definitely.Not.

    One thing my sister-in-law told me (I asked her how she handles two very busy little girls under the age of 3)- she said, "I just remember that this moment may really suck, but it's only a moment. They'll grow up, Em will stop whacking her sister in the head every five seconds... it'll be over soon."

    And then three months later? Em stopped whacking her sister in the head very five seconds. She grew up, even just a little bit, and the moment passed.

    You got this, mama.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I just need to remember that the good days outnumber the bad!

      Delete

I love comments? Who doesn't?? If you are a no-reply blogger, I will answer your comment in the thread. If not, look for my email! Have a great day.