Ok, let’s just skip right over the fact that I fell off the blogging challenge. Or that I could go on and on about my pet peeves. I guess I’m just a cranky girl! Here goes.
1. People who talk over you. You know the type. You barely even finish a sentence and they cut you off trying to talk. Or they ask you a question and and before you even finish they are talking over you either answering their own question, arguing with you about their answer, or just moved on to the next topic.
2. People. that. Can’t Drive. Ugh. I feel like no one in Austin knows how to drive. Just stay outs of my way and no one will get hurt. And drive the dang speed limit. I’m not asking for you to speed. Just don’t do 40 in a 60.
3. People who assume that because I’m a young parent I don’t know anything. Hi. I’m an educated woman. Heck, I was a researcher for crying out loud. You best believe that I went into this whole parenting thing knowing a thing or two. Yes, I know that experience counts for something. But don’t just expect that I’m dumb and clueless b/c my kids are young.
4. Friends who check/play/text on their phones when they are with you. I have friends who I will go out with to dinner and all they want to do is mess around with their phones. If I’m boring, that’s cool. I get it. But I’m out with you right now and I’m probably wearing real pants. So while I’m wearing real pants, you will pay attention to me. Otherwise I will go home and put on my pj’s.
5. Craigslist people that waste my time. I swear I get all the crazy people. In my ads, I will always put the price, approximate location of my house, and that I WILL NOT MEET. Responses I get: how much, where are you, and can you meet? Sorry, your $5 is not enough to make me get in my car, load my kids up and meet you somewhere with the possibility that you won’t show up. I hate no shows! Or I get people all the time that will call me or message me when they are on their way and ask directions. Why wouldn’t you look at a map before you leave your house? Seriously! And I’ve had at least 3 people come to my house to buy large objects (dresser, futon, desk) with a tiny vehicle. Think people. Think!
6. I get annoyed when people of an older generation say, “Back in my day we did _______ and we turned out fine.” Yeah well, a lot of people didn’t. That’s why there are rules now.
7. Related to #6 I don’t get it when the generation older than mine chastises the way my generation lives. You know. “Kids these days are going to hell.” But by that logic, didn’t you raise this generation? So you are saying that your kids are losers? Doesn’t that make you a bad parent?
8. Grocery store baggers. I take the time to set up everything for you on the belt. Cold is with cold. Boxes with the boxes. All the canned goods are together. Then I get home and all my stuff is all over. And in 100 bags.
9. Fishers on Facebook. You know the type. “Ugh, I just feel like dying” or “my heart is broken.” You can’t just put that up there. You know all you want is 100 people commenting, “You ok girl?” “Call me if you need to talk” “did you guys break up?” Stop being a baby. Only 15 year olds do that.
10. People that ask me if my baby is sleeping through the night. Then proceed to tell me that their baby STTN since birth after I tell them at 6 months M is still not. You telling me that your baby sleeps is like me telling you I can eat a whole box of donuts and not gain a pound. It doesn’t help. So just stop.
Wow. I guess I’m a little bitter tonight? Ok, I’m going to stop now before I rile myself up before bed.
What gets you going?